Whether you have one piece or an entire estate to sell, we can quickly and seamlessly get your items to auction.
How Selling Works
- The first step is to have your item evaluated by one of our experts to determine if it is suitable for consignment. Fill out the online form and upload images.
- We take into consideration age, condition, provenance, and market value, when estimating an item.
- If we need to analyze your items further, we may make an appointment to visit you.
- Once we have mutually agreed to consign your item(s), we will issue you a Consignment Agreement form.
- This form itemizes all consigned property, estimates, and the percentage we take from the auction. All consigned property is insured on our policy as soon as we take possession of it.
- Due to advertising deadlines and production time, the deadline for consignment is generally three months in advance of the auction. We hold 10-12 auctions throughout the year.
- Witherell’s promotes the auction to our network of collectors for the best exposure.
- This includes publishing a full color catalogue for our luxury asset auctions and mailing it complimentary to our entire mailing list. We also advertise in leading trade publications, exhibit at prominent shows and list select auctions on aggregate internet sites.
- 45 days (or sooner!) after the auction closes, we will mail you a check! Included will be a detailed breakdown for each lot sold.
Have a valuable item or heirloom and need a private consultation? Call our team of experts! (916) 446-6490
“We will work to get you the best return on your family heirlooms or objects of value. Our experts understand both the monetary and emotional value of items entrusted to us in an antique estate auction.”